6 Tips On How To Get More Carrots Into Your Diets
Table of Contents
Here are some of these ideas for adding more carrots into your diet for greater nutrition:
- Add shredded or chopped raw carrots to overnight oats, salads, or slaws, and fold them into nut butter.
- Use whole or cut, raw carrots to scoop up dip, olive tapenade, and tahini, or add them to fresh pressed juices or smoothies.
- To cook, steam carrots or toss them into your favorite stir fry, soup, veggie chili, or stew.
- They’re also amazing oven-roasted, brushed with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, or prepared with a glaze made from water-thinned pure maple syrup, cinnamon, and fresh, grated ginger root.
- Enjoy carrots as a snack with edamame “guacamole” or hummus.
- Carrots can even be incorporated into desserts, including carrot cake, of course, as well as carrot pie (think pumpkin or sweet potato, but with carrots!), carrot cookies, whoopie pies, dark chocolate truffles, and even carrot ice cream.