6 Easy Steps To Cooking Egusi (Melon Soup) Mixed With Ugwu Leaves (Pumpkin Leaves)
Table of Contents
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR COOKING EGUSI SOUP WITH UGWU LEAVES
- 11/2 kg goat meat
4 cups of grinded egusi (melon)
- fluted pumpkin vegetables (ugu leaves)
- 1 large smoked catfish
- 1 pack stockfish
- 2 tablespoons palm oil
- seasoning cubes to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 small onion
- 2 large peppers
- 1 cup crayfish
HOW TO COOK EGUSI SOUP WITH UGWU LEAVES
- Boil washed goat meat with salt, pepper and onions for about 10 minutes.
- Next Add water if you notice pot is drying up. Add seasoning cubes Check for salt.
- Add stock fish, melon and crayfish when meat stock begins to, boil.
- Allow egusi to cook for about 8 minutes before adding palm oil and washed periwinkles, stir, check for salt, cover to boil till you are satisfied with the thickness of the soup and taste of the melon.
- Agg the ugwu vegetables, stir and leave for about 3 minutes before turning off the heat. Leave soup pot open so that the heated pot does not continue cooking your green vegetables.
- Serve with your foo foo or any swallow.