5 Easy Steps To Making Salad Soup (Afang Soup)
- 4 handfuls Okazi or Afang leaves, ground
- 2 handfuls water leaves, sliced
- 1 large dry fish
- 1 large stockfish
- 1kg assorted meat
- 4 tbsp crayfish
- 2 cups palm oil
- 5 pieces of fresh yellow pepper
- 5 stock cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of periwinkles, washed
- Salt to taste
Method to use
- Place your assorted meat, stockfish, dry fish and two cups of water into a pot. Add one onion, three stock cubes and salt to taste. Cook until soft.
- When the meat water is almost dry, add the water leaves, leave to cook for 3 minutes. (Tip: No need to put in more water because water leaves produce a lot of water on their own.)
- Put the periwinkles, ground crayfish and five blended yellow pepper, let that cook for another three minutes.
- Add your ground Afang or Okazi leaves and let cook for two minutes. Lastly, add palm oil and leave to simmer for about two minutes.
- Serve hot with your preferred staple food.