GENERATOR FUMES KILLS FAMILY OF FIVE IN LAGOS STATE
28 total views, 1 views today
The family and friends of Lawrence Olorungbo, his wife and three children have been thrown into mourning after their decomposing bodies were found at their apartment in the Apapa region of Lagos State.
The corpses were found after several efforts to contact Lawrence and his wife on their telephone numbers proved abortive, according to reports.
In a bid to ascertain how they were doing, a yet-to-be-identified associate was said to have paid the family a visit.
The associate reportedly knocked on the door to gain the attention of a family member to open the door, but no one answered.
The associate, however, noticed that there were flies buzzing around the environment, and a strange smell oozing from the apartment permeated the residence.
The associate immediately alerted policemen at the Apapa Division, who visited the scene and forced the entrance door open, only to behold the lifeless bodies of the family of five in their decomposing state.
The State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, had begun an investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the entire family.
The state police public relations officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident, adding that the police suspected generator fumes as the cause of death.
Hundeyin stated that, “The incident is true. They met the entire family dead, and they have been evacuated but the autopsy has not been concluded. An investigation is ongoing.
“How the corpses were discovered was that the husband’s number was not going through, so they went to check him at home and the decomposing corpses of him and his wife were found.
“Paper works for the autopsy is ongoing, but everything indicates that the suspected cause of the victims’ death was generator fumes.
“The direction of the generator’s exhaust indicates that the fume emitting from the generator was the suspected cause of their death, but the autopsy will be done soon,” he added.